"Why is it that we can only make resolutions on one day out of all 365? New Day's Resolution, for any or every day, because why should January 1st have all the fun? October 5th: When the going gets tough, to always laugh, and always play, and remember how fantastic life can be."
I couldn't help but smile when I noticed the date - October 5 will be our wedding day - and remembered the intent of the post. We often need reminders to appreciate the little things, and making resolutions at random can help us be good to ourselves and stay in tune with what's important. Here are six things I'm setting my mind to do this spring:
|(any time cards from Rifle Paper Co.)|
2. Turn off the TV and talk - After a long day at work, sometimes the first thing I want to do is hit the couch and catch up on my DVR. That pastime leaves little time and attention for actual talking, and it's so important to gab with girlfriends over wine, or catch up on the latest with Jeff. The DVR will always be there.
3. Consider and toss - My summer clothes bins are ready to take over my closet, but I'm stuck looking at all the items that I just don't wear. I keep waiting for the opportunity or the perfect outfit, but I think it's time to de-clutter and send them to someone else's wardrobe. Plus I need the hangers for all my new summer things.
4. Hit the gym - I recently re-started a cardio routine after almost a year of yoga and I'm loving it. While the calm of a dark yoga class is really relaxing and therapeutic, the sweat and burn that come from the treadmill and stationary bike are giving me more energy to keep it up. Regardless of the workout, I'm excited to be making time for it and feeling great.
5. Throw some parties - Our adirondack chairs are dusted off, the firepit and BBQ are ready to be put to work, and the whole yard is looking green and lush. Especially while the weather is warm and mild, we need to get our hosting on and start inviting friends over to hang.
6. Make time for me - The busy season at work is upon me and it can be really easy to get overwhelmed, even though it's all a lot of fun. I need to remember to take some time out for myself, stay centered, and relax when I can.
What kind of resolutions will you make this spring?